Wednesday, May 13, 2015

   I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR

I am woman hear me roar is a song written in the 70's by Helen Reddy and song writer Ray Burton and performed by Reddy.  Today the song just popped in my head and I thought yes that is what I wish to do.  I am a woman and I wish to roar for the injustice of domestic violence.  I wish to roar that a child abuse report is filed every 10 second!  That 1,440 people an hour, 34,560 per day and 12 million per year are suffering from domestic violence! We can no ignore this facts.  Society silence is giving this injustice it's consent. 

I also wish to roar and tell the world there are solutions.  Annabelle's Haven and other long term Domestic abuse shelters can help.  They can give these women and children time to heal their physical wounds than they can work on the emotional and mental wounds.  As the women and children are healing they will be in a safe secure environment.  Most women can stay 30 days in a shelter.  This is a wonderful start.  However, 30 days is hardly enough to heal from the physical wounds but they are than required to find a place to live, a job, school for the children.  All this is overwhelming and a large majority go back to their abuse.  We need long term care so the women do not just survive but they thrive.  They are not just a statistic they can be a shining example for other women and for their children.

It is my dream that I may soon roar with happiness as the tide turns and the cycle of domestic abuse is broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghcR-yuLywU

No comments:

Post a Comment