Friday, June 5, 2015

Take a leap of faith



TAKE A LEAP OF FAITH & YOUR WINGS WILL APPEAR

 From childhood, I have always planned everything.  I wanted to leave nothing to chance.  I even made list for my list.  Than I few years ago I decided it was time to begin my long awaited dream of opening Annabelle's Haven.  A long term haven for women & children of domestic abuse.  Oh I had charts, lists, folders but God decided to see if I had faith.  You see I always thought I would be building Annabelle's in Florida.  I have lived here 60 years, my children & grandchildren are here, my friends & church, therefore, why would I not build my dream in Florida? Well here is where God laughed at my plans.  One day as I was mediating I got Annabelle's Haven needed to be in North Carolina. OK that is a pretty state BUT...and I just put it out of my head and continued with my plans.  The problem was I could not begin my plans because everything I did try seemed to be  blocked. Finally one day I thought I will just look into North Carolina.  I called the Women's Council of North Carolina and learned there is a desperate need for my vision especially in Yancey, Mitchell, Madison counties.  These three counties are very rural and low income which is one of the reasons their domestic violence is so high.  That day I decided I would trust God and take that leap of faith.  I moved with my husband leaving my dear children and precious grandchildren, friends, family and church.  Has it been easy? No, but as I took that leap of faith God has given me my wings.  These mountains have embraced me and filled me with wonder.  I have not soar YET but I am truly learning to fly with trust.  I have not gotten our finances to build but my husband and I have brought 6.5 beautiful acres for Annabelle's Haven.  We have got all the architectural plans and we are a 501c3 nonprofit.  We have spoke to so many wonderful caring people who have volunteered to teach the women to make soap, learn how to cook, to make dog runs, to make quilts, to teach them gardening.  The list can go on and on.  I took my leap of faith and it has been a wonderful flight and I have faith that soon my dream will soar.
"Take the first step in faith.  You don't have to see the whole staircase, just the first step"  Martin Luther King

Faith is the bridge between where I am & the place God is taking me"
                                          Pinterest
"Jump & you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall"
                                        Ray Bradbury

"Why not go out on a limb? that's where the fruit is"  Mark Twain
"Courage is a love affair with the unknown" Osho








No comments:

Post a Comment